Perhaps the solution is to think outside the box. Literally.

I mean, there is no need for a bandscope to be part of the radio main
display, just because Icom does it that way. All that is needed is a
plug-in module that can be added with a coaxial socket on it, that can
be plugged in to an external display. You could even use a portable
LCD TV for the display, as some IC-7000 users do because the built in
one is too small.

For quick access to control functions something like a TV remote
control could be used. You would need an infra red module in the K3.
Perhaps an actual TV remote could be used to save costs. Some of these
are highly programmable with a touch screen. Or you could use
dedicated software on a PDA.

--
Julian, G4ILO K2 s/n: 392  K3 s/n: ???
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com