[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Excellent question! The set I purchased is marked just this way, and I'm at a
loss to
understand how to apply them.

John K5MO

If you look at the manufacturer's catalog for the particular crimp-on connector, you will find the die size(s) specified. Double crimp (center conductor and shield) will have two die sizes called off.

Sometimes you have to track down the assembly drawing, but generally the manufacturer's catalog will have it, along with the stripping dimensions.

In rare cases, the stripping dimensions and die sizes will be printed on the connector bag, but I've only seen that once or twice.

It's important to follow the dimensions as closely as you can.

Jack K8ZOA