Steve Kallal wrote:

If I want to pass a 500 Hz signal, what bandwidth should I select in the
filter calibration? I guess the selected bandwidth isn't measured at 6 db
down, or is it?

As this is done by open loop control of a varicap control voltage, I'd expect the relationship to vary considerably between units. If you need finely tuned settings, you should probably set the filter using a spectrum display, with white noise input, e.g. using the spectrogram method. You can probably use your digital mode terminal program instead of spectrogram.

I think it is probably safer to treat the displayed bandwidth as an (approximately) monotonic function of true bandwidth, rather than measuring the actual bandwidth.

--
David Woolley