Steve,

The numbers displayed for the filter width are not necessarily the actual width of the filter. The actual bandwidth depends on the particular combination of crystals and varactors in your K2.

Use Spectrogram to measure the actual width of your filter if you wish to have a precise bandwidth.

73,
Don W3FPR

Steve Kallal wrote:
I've set up my K2 with the following bandwidths for the RTTY mode:
FL1 OP1
FL2    1000 Hz
FL3    500 Hz
FL4    250 Hz

I am listening to an Olivia signal (a digital mode) with a 500 Hz bandwidth.
I would expect FL3 at 500 Hz to pass the whole signal. Instead I have to
select FL2 at 1000 Hz bandwidth. Looking at the waterfall for the Olivia
signal, I get about 750 Hz passed rather than 1000 Hz.

If I want to pass a 500 Hz signal, what bandwidth should I select in the
filter calibration? I guess the selected bandwidth isn't measured at 6 db
down, or is it?