Keith:

Not having a K3 in hand, I am just making a "best guess," but I would
say, based on your self-description as a cw ragchewer, casual DXer,
and contester-light, I'd say go for the K2/100.  This recommendation
takes into account that you want 100 watts.  But if you're happy with
the K3/10 power level, then you'd be just as happy with the K2/10
power level and then for your style of operation, it should be a
no-brainer (get the K2, if cost is a factor).

I have a K2 (qrp only) and it is a GREAT cw rig.  It is not the BEST
rig, but waaay better than the vast majority.  For cw ragchewing, I
don't think you NEED the "neat stuff" on the K3, which appeals
especially (but not exclusively) to low band DXers and HF contesters.

At around $600 for the base K2, it is VERY hard to go wrong and
probably completely impossible to have better "bang for the buck."
IMO + YMMV.

de Doug KR2Q