Good Evening and Welcome from Buxton Lookout Health Club :)
The weather was very nice today. I awoke to a strange orb in the sky. It glowed a pleasant orange color. Currently it is on the other horizon sinking into the Coast Range. Only a few clouds all day with low 60 degree temperatures. I got plenty of exercise climbing my ladder and moving lots of material. I am glad my mother is not around because I called the plywood a few things she most likely would not like to hear :) Sheeting a new roof is a snap. Placing sheets into an existing roof is a royal pain. I finally gave up the fight and covered what I had done for the evening. Tomorrow I hope to get the last few sheets pieced in and some rolled roofing over that. Then seal the place against the bats. Last night (or was it early morning?) I had to move three of them outside. I think I got to sleep around 4 AM. No soffit and no fascia board gives them easy access. However, you would think they would go out the same way they came in. Today, when I uncovered the roof, there were three of them flying around inside the house not able to find their way outside. There was a very large hole in the roof at that point you'd think they'd look up! Crazy critters. I got on the air to OK City a few times this week but it was never very solid. Very weak signals were interrupted by rolling QSB. We ran for 30 minutes most days but it was not easy. Then, last night, I read about a solar wind which was due to hit very soon. This may disrupt the bands for a while and then make them a little better. Hopefully tomorrow we will get the benefit of more ions in the Heaviside layer to help us work each other. According to my satellite photo it looks like the middle of the country is having a wonderful day of storms. Maybe tomorrow they'll have moved off and 40 won't be so loud. Never can tell. As far as the Health Club intro? Well, some folks pay good money to get exercise. I figure I can take their money and get them outside cutting, splitting, hauling, and stacking wood. Sets and reps? Why sure :) I'll start them off with a limbing chainsaw until they gain enough strength to run the larger Stihl for a tank or two. I am unsure of how much to charge them for my exercise facility; does anyone have suggestions for me? They probably should pay for the gas, oil, and for getting the chains sharpened but how much extra should they pay for my expertise and facility maintenance? I think the franchise to this will take off like a rocket!

Please join us tomorrow evening.

  Tomorrow:

1) Hail signs  (first letter or two of the suffix of your call)
2) NCS help (as well as QSP/QNP <relay> help)

    Please join us:

Sunday 2300z (Sunday 4 PM PDT) 14050 kHz
Monday 0200z (Sunday 7 PM PDT)  7045 kHz

    73,
       Kevin.  KD5ONS

ecn.visionseer.com