Darrell;

Nice suggestions. The best way to see what triggers the KRC2 can handle is to view the KIO2 command set. Whenever one of the parameters changes, and is reported out the serial port, the KRC2 picks it up, creating an internal event. The KRC2 personality will then determine whether that event does anything. The standard personality does just a few things (mostly just band changes), while the KRC2ACC personality makes use of most of the parameters. Note that for the KRC2 to see these events, it must be connected to the KRC2's serial IO and be set to use that data. See the KRC2 manual for jumper settings for serial mode.

There are some problems inherent with a couple of the items you list involving availability of the information. For example, if the K2 control processor does not find a KAT-2 or KAT-100, it will not allow any further processing that requires those devices. Thus when you hit the ANT button on the front panel, it doesn't even try to communicate with the ATU, but simply puts up the LCD error message and goes on. Thus the KRC2 doesn't see anything that would tell it to do something. I believe the RXAnt selector behaves the same way, depending on the K160 module being present.

However, if the 160 meter module is present, the RxAnt selector is a trigger for the KRC2, and it can make decisions based on RxAnt being switched on or off. The use of this trigger is not included in the standard KRC2 personality.

As for the tune button, I don't believe it causes anything to be sent out on the serial port, which means the KRC2 cannot be triggered from it. This would be a great addition, but would require changes in the K2 program memory, something we probably won't be seeing for a while. It seems the engineer is a bit busy with other things at this time... ;-)

If you have other suggestions or requests, give me a shout directly and we can discuss them.