As far as I know there is no sound card software to transmit Pactor I.

HFTerm (for linux) < URL:http://sourceforge.net/projects/hfterm > does Pactor I Tx and Rx.

In it's wisdom SCS has kept that proprietary and patented, along with P
II and P III. You get to buy their $1K modem if you want to transmit
Pactor of any flavor.

Some HAL Communications products, including the DXP-38, support Pactor, which they call "P-mode". You can also buy old AEA PK-232MBX TNCs cheaply at hamfests and you-know-where, and later versions of the PK-232MBX included Pactor I. If your is older, Timewave will sell you the upgrade EPROMs that include Pactor. Some Kantronics multimode TNCs also support(ed) Pactor I.

73,

Lyle KK7P