Might do. And then when you hit the key with the wrong antenna (or no
antenna) attached, you may need to take a break and replace the finals. The
K2 and K2/100 are very robust systems, but repeated abuse is sure to have
its consequences.

Even with manually-tuned vacuum tube gear, smart ops drastically reduced the
power when retuning, especially on a new band.

Circumventing this simple check in pursuit of an extra few seconds in a
contest reminds me of the race driver who constantly winds the RPM up above
the red line on the tach. He might get in the lead. He might even win a race
or two, but he'll pay for it eventually.

Maybe someone will find a clever fix to allow instant band changes without
the added second to allow the K2 to check the output SWR and reset the power
level. If so, more power to them, but I sure don't want to pay for it in the
basic cost of my rig.

Ron AC7AC