hi Barry - just based on my limited contest operating, the trapezoid seems sufficient to remind me of where I am with BW and shift. Also, the XFIL display helps because you know what you have installed in each slot - for example if XFIL4 is 400Hz, I know when XFIL4 is lit that I am less than or equal to 400, and the trapezoid gives relative BW size from there.

Hope I am making sense, it would be much easier to just show you! - jeff wk6i

Barry N1EU wrote:
Thanks for all the clarification.  It's good that bandwidth is
displayed at adjustment time, but it would be great if there were some
way (eventually?) to display it full time.  Seems like in cw/ssb
contesting and dx'ing, it's a parameter I want to be intimately aware
of.  I realize the work-around will be to adjust it in order to read
it.

--
Jeff Stai               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Twisted Oak Winery      http://www.twistedoak.com/