I am a little confused here as to what you want to build.  A two element beam
or a two element vertical array.  Then you go on and site information about
making a "beam."

These are two different animals.

So, here are the calculations.....in feet

1/2 wave dipole - 468/F or 468/14.2 (20 meters) = 33.2 feet.  Now that is a
half wave so to get a full wavelength just double the number of 66.4

According the all the books, the director should be 4%-5% longer.  So all you
have to do is take 33.2 times 1.05 which comes out to 34.8

To figure the spacing...that the full wavelength number and take it time what
you need....lets say .2  Then you get 13.28 feet.  Now there is a lot of wiggle
room on the boom....you might want to model this before you actually build it,
but that is a starting place.

So, now if you are looking on a vertical on 20 meters....well that is a
different animal all together.  You could use a parasitic vertical but that
would be hard to turn.  In fact, the two element vertical for 20 meters would
be stationary or you would have to have a big wheel or something.  You could
also use two quarter wave elements on 20 with some pretty good counterpoise
wires under them and then space them a halfwave apart...33.2 feet.  Then you
would feed them in the middle with a coax "T" connector.  That would give you a
basic figure-8 pattern.  As you can see it would be stationary, unless you have
some pretty good real estate....and some way of turning it.

So, I wonder if you could clarify what exactly you are looking for....

Lee - K0WA

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't
have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find
any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is
Common Sense divine?