To those who dare - I'm in the middle of a mess, attempting to rework my whole QTH shack "upstairs in the big house", and in so doing, I enjoy firing up the Icom 756 PRO I have alongside the K2 which is now doing a better job of SWL than the Icom. The only real problem I run into is that the Icom tuning knob has some "weight" to it, along with a spinner dimple, which makes it easier to tune, and "faster" than the K2. I'm wondering if it makes any sense to attempt to find an FT-900 knob, or just figure out a way to add some weight to the k2 knob? And, yes, I've already looked over the Yaesu website, no joy at this point.

My prime problem is that I find it to be a little disconcerting to "tune the heater" (the Icom is a room heater!), faster and sometimes easier to find a frequency and/or station than the K2 does, so just regard me as "spoiled" at this point. If anyone has any ideas about how to find a "speed demon" knob, let me know, since I'd really like to have the K2 become as physically "able" as the Jap rig is! Presently, it's astounding that I've soldered together a rig that is at least equal to, or outperforms a commercially-made rig, with a fraction of the amperage consumption. (Eventually, I see the day when my whole ham rig situation will be "dying Kachina, fading Icom, and full steam Elecraft" - and probably go SK for good, with the K2 or K3 going strong, still!)

Tnx, 73's, enjoy Xmas coming up!

Gil WA5YKK  (50 years at this game, as of Jan. '08!)