Everyone has there on operating modes and opinions for sure !!

I CONTEST therefore I am .................. not a CQER but a S&PER though :-)

Looking for a narrow and high skirted roofing filter ! My first choice was to just get the standard 2.7 and a 500 Hz 5 pole cw roofing filter.

I have changed my mind. Elecraft is not aware of this fact but they soon will be :-) Now I am sniffing at the 8 pole filters. I wish there were 300 and 600 for cw but there AREN'T , so ...................

I now want the upgraded 2.8 8 pole SSB filter for the additional $41 !

1.8 for narrow SSB and wide cw!

400 for cw normal.

250 for cw narrow in pile ups and contest dog / cat fights.

for now no SWL stuff or 6 KHz filters and definitely don't want FM :-)

No second receiver planned, no temperature compensated oscillator either unless the thing drifts all over the band, no ATU as I already have a few external ATU's around here. But if you were going to use it at vacation homes or camping the internal ATU would be a welcome addition.

So, there's one hams opinion .................... he he ! FLAME SUIT ON !!

Walt K8CV Royal Oak, MI.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave G4AON" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>