For when my K3 arrives, I am building a 3-element 6-meter quad as this will
be a new band for me. I just finished fashioning the three spreader hubs
today out of 3/4 inch UHMW polyethelene. The spreader arms are 3/8 inch
fiberglass tubing from a kite making supply store. The 8-foot boom is 1-inch
square aluminum stock from Home Depot. I don't have a rotor yet but will
likely use a tv rotor or something from a swap meet.

I have also purchased a lowcost headset / boom mic from US Interface
http://www.usinterface.com/Headset.html It comes with a Kenwood 8-pin
adapter. I also have a cheap mic with DIN connector that I have put in a
base. I picked up the mic at Pacificon. I made up a cable for this mic. I
also created a push to talk switch to plug into the rear RCA jack. For this
I used a momentary on-off-on toggle switch.

I have stereo PC speakers that I might use, I haven't decided yet. They are
amplified. I might go for some higher quality bookshelf speakers.

I purchased a new Astron RM35 linear power supply (with volt and amp meters)
when I was at Pacificon for $145. This was the best price I have seen, and
no tax no shipping.

Longer range plans are to build two phased verticals on 40M, one is up
already. They might be used unphased on other bands. Purpose is to use these
with a horizontal doublet for polarization diversity reception on the second
rx when I order it.

Lastly I am building a remote parallel tuner to feed an 88' doublet for all
band operation. It is half done.

I don't know what I am going to do about digital modes yet.

Mike Scott-AE6WA
Tarzana, CA (DM04/near LA)
QRP-ARCI #12326/ KX1 #1311/ Swan 350C

----------------------------------
Hello all,

While waiting for my K3, I am making general improvements to my station. I
am in the process of building 20m and 6m Yagis and getting them installed.
I'm also working on getting a functional 160m vertical on the air. Also
checking out the other antennas before winter sets in too hard ( might be
too late in some areas) and getting the shack a little cleaned up. A KRC2 is
on the way to handle switching the antennas with some real nice coaxial
relays from Motorola MTR2000 stations.
Anyone else making improvements and preparations for the arrival of their K3
so it has the best conditions in which to live?

Josh K6ZRX
K2/100 # 6097

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
4:24 PM