I don't know what I am going to do about digital modes yet.

1) Use a keyer paddle and the VFO B display. This will give you CW, RTTY and soon PSK31. PSK31 is presently receive only, but that will change soon :-)

2) The K3 includes an isolated soundcard interface. All you need is a pair of 3.5mm shielded stereo cables between your PC soundcard in and out jacks, and the K3 LINE in and out jacks. I have operated digital modes this way, using VOX for keying.

Or you can use the RS232 interface and key from DTR or RTS, if your chosen software prefers to do it that way.

3) I have also used a SignaLink USB interface with the K3, again using standard 3.5mm shielded stereo patch cables.

Enjoy!

73,

Lyle KK7P