A very inexpensive tool which I have found to be ideal for getting screws, nuts and washers into tight corners is a thing called a 'Grabber', the one that I have resembles a fat plastic trim tool 4 1/2 inches long and 1/4 inch diameter. At one end is a spring loaded plunger which when pushed down by one's thumb causes three spring legs to poke out of the other end which are used to hold a screw, a screw plus washer, a nut or any other small item up to 1/2 inch across. It becomes dead easy to fit hardware in difficult to reach places using a 'Grabber'. It cost me about two US dollars IIRC maybe 30 years ago from an outfit similar to Radio Shack.

73,
Geoff
GM4ESD

Dave Yarnes  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on
Sunday, December 09, 2007 5:28 PM

Finally, when mounting the KPA3 to the shield, I think you will find that it is very difficult to get your fingers (fat or otherwise) in where you can get the screws to seat into the hole for tightening. You probably would be wise to use a screwdriver that is magnetic so that you can move the screw down over the hole and begin to screw it in.

<snip>