Hi Don!

Thank you for good advice once again!

> C75 in your K2 needs less capacitance.  You can try several other 470 pf
> capacitors (NPO disc ceramics or C0G mono capacitors) to see if you can
> discover one that is on the low side of tolerance rather than the high
> side (like yours), or you can replace C75 with a 390 to 450 pf capacitor
> and add padder capacitors to bring the total capacitance up so the 160
> meter VCO voltages are in the 1.5 to 7.0 volt range over the entire
> tuning range.

Today I got some NPO disc ceramic caps and tried different variations. With
330+150 pF in parallel measured VCO voltages are now inside 1.5-7.0 V:

1800 kHz 1.6 V
2000 kHz 4.0 V

These new capacitors are not small in physical size, bigger is 10 mm, about
0.4" in diameter. Does size matter in this circuit?

Best Regards
Jukka, OH4MFA
K2/100 #4293