Since the PowerPole soldering issue was raised .....

I found the short black jumper wires soldered to the
two antenna connector SO-239's were poorly done.
Both had about 3/8" of exposed center conductor
soldered into the connectors and at an angle.

No matter though ... I replaced both with lovely BNC SO-239 replacement kits from Oak Hills Research. I use Pomona BNC patch cords for almost everything here and so the change was "a natural". I did rework the male pin ends of the two wires and added shrink tubing over the solder connections on both ends of the wires

Maybe this is the first after market mod to a K3. (:-))

Ken Kopp - K0PP
[EMAIL PROTECTED]