* Noise reduction much improved, including insertion loss compensation.

Can you offer a little more information about the NR? In this version of NR, the set levels are in four groups of four, whereas previous versions have been 0 to 39 or 0 to 3. Additionally, I noticed that the NR does not appear to work below BW of 500Hz. Is that true or am I just not noticing the effect?

NR continues to evolve.

The latest version, as you noted, has four settings for each of four groups. The lowest numbered setting in each group is the gentlest, while the highest setting in each group offers more noise reduction but slower response. If find for SSB use that I usually use the 2nd setting [ NR F1-2 or NR F2-2 ]. The F4 group can have a sort of "hollow" sound for voice under some conditions, but is excellent for narrow modes like CW.

Below a width of about 500 Hz, NR is disabled in the current release. We have more code we are testing now that allows its use down to the nominal 50 Hz wide filters in CW mode. If testing goes well, it will be released in due time.

Even more exciting, we are also testing... oops, I'd better not say!

73,

Lyle kK7P