At 12/11/2007 07:44 PM, Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft wrote:
We've just released new K3 firmware:
MCU V1.48 and DSP V1.45

* Power output via -external- CW keying no longer jumps up slightly above requested level.
* Noise reduction much improved, including insertion loss compensation.

Can you offer a little more information about the NR? In this version of NR, the set levels are in four groups of four, whereas previous versions have been 0 to 39 or 0 to 3. Additionally, I noticed that the NR does not appear to work below BW of 500Hz. Is that true or am I just not noticing the effect?

* S-meter accuracy improved.
* LINE IN state preserved on power-off.

We have also released a new K3 software download utility, V 12.09, that has improved error recovery and several other new features.

Hm, I forgot to download that, but it appeared that the previous loader worked fine. When you have the loader check for new firmware, I guess it doesn't check for new versions of itself.