"Available" means that there is a corresponding file (hauxsomething)
available in your firmware folder.  I made some attempt in the Help section
on the Firmware topic to describe what the columns (and DSP2) mean.  I know
nobody reads help (I rarely do), but I did make an attempt in the Help file
to describe each page.

The K3 Utility is used by Elecraft firmware development, production, and
testers.  That's good, because it gets pounded heavily by a demanding
audience.  Every K3 that leaves Aptos is pre-loaded with firmware using this
utility.

I have to enable certain utility features before the corresponding hardware
is generally available so that the firmware developers can use the utility
for their daily work.  They have other ways of loading firmware, but have
found some of the features of the K3 Utility a convenient timesaver.  The
command macros get a lot of use.

We could have opted for different utility software for internal use versus
customer use.  But we thought it better to have one development path, and in
some support cases it's convenient to have a fully capable utility
installed.  One product, with the same capability everywhere, satisfies that
need. And there aren't very many of us doing this software development
effort.

73 de Dick, K6KR