[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
A quick question for whoever.  I saw mention that the K-3 was
essentially wired like a Kenwood.  I already own a Heil headset.  Do
I just need a new adapter set up for Kenwood and plug in or do you
need to order a headset/mic from Elecraft?

The Heil Proset that I have has two 3.5 mm phone plugs on it that go to the adapters. They plug directly into the back panel mic and phones jacks of the K3, so you don't need *any* adapter and you don't need to have cords hanging off the front of your K3.

If you want to plug it into the front panel, you can use the Heil Kenwood adapter. You do not need to buy the Elecraft version, although that (obviously) works too!
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco