Rather than mess around with adapters, it's a simple enough job to re-wire the
microphone plug.

For what's it's worth, I use a Kenwood MC-43S fist microphone. This dynamic microphone is widely available and low cost, it doesn't require any re-wiring of the plug and works straight out of the box. I have the MIC SEL (menu setting) set for FP.H, front panel mic gain at 36, front panel compression at 17. Having a deep gravelly voice, I use the TX EQ settings to boost high frequencies and cut the lowest band. Unsolicited reports have included "BBC quality", which for those outside the UK means pretty good!

73 Dave, G4AON
K3/100 #80

Is it possible to use an ICOM SM20 with the K3 ?

Looking at the K3 manual the mic socket pinouts are different from the SM20
although there is bias available as used in the ICOM electret element.

It seems to me that I will need to rewire the SM20 plug. Is there an Icom to
K3 mic adaptor or is there any other way to use the SM20 without rewiring
the plug. I really don't want to sell the SM20 when I come to sell the PRO3
on purchase of the K3.

Seasons greetings and 73 to all.

Barry Simpson VK2BJ