In a message dated 12/29/2007 1:58:22 A.M.  Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
My "Baptism of  Fire" was with MD4K on the IOM in CQWW MM .
Thirty seconds after the contest  started I was in shock..Five
other operators, all in the same small room  shouting their heads
off. Transmitting  CQ and callsign, and hearing  the same said by
others, albeit not quite in sync is quite off-putting  !

That fact they are GOOD OPERATORS was shown in the results table
when it was published. They managed just fine.

The Heil headsets were  about as good as a "Chocolate Fire Guard",
however eventually my brain  started filtering out the background
noise.

73
Stewart  G3RXQ

The fact is the QRM is in the shack!! Now picture this:  5 guys all in  a
room with K3s and DVR active. All audio optimized for best transmitter
performance and "full quieting" while the contesters concentrate on  listening.
 We
shall be so lucky!!!

Al WA6VNN