In a message dated 12/31/2007 9:46:26 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
In a message dated 12/30/2007 3:42:03 P.M.   Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Gentlemen:

I  noticed  that several of the other highly computerized radios on the
market
have a  substantial time delay after power on before the radio is  fully
operational  (IC756Pro, IC7800, etc.).  Would some of the  current K3 owners
please  let me know how long before their radio  display settles down and the
radio is  fully operational?  Does  this time vary according to certain
accessories  being present or  configuration options being chosen?  Thank you.

73,  Forrest  WA3FAE

Never timed it?  2 or 3 seconds maybe.

Firmware upgrades take less than a minute when the  rig is connected online
at 9600baud.

Several SDRs have  built-in  processors that need to boot the O/S a la  PC
style.

My first 'real' rig was an SX101MkIII (hallicrafters) had a  built in heater
for stability and trickle current in the filaments  (what are they?) and
would
be  full on in a couple seconds too. Not bad  for a vacuum tube rig. Also had
50KHz  IF that was very selective.

73 de Al WA6VNN  K3  #31

Rechecked it on timer: 3.72 seconds to full audio from power on,

Al WA6VNN