It is simple whatever you can sell it for just like any other market.
                              73 Sam kf4yox
----- Original Message ----- From: "Darwin, Keith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 8:45 AM
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] Value of used equipment

The value of used gear can be determined through several means.  If the
gear is still being produced you can use the current new price and
figure yours is worth a percentage of new cost.  I figure 80% for
top-notch, in demand gear down to maybe 50% for stuff that is a bit
rough (i.e. a mobile rig).

If it is out of productions stuff, then my first stop is eBay where I
check what the item has sold for in the last 30 days (requires login).
One warning though, eBay is it's own market.  Values and prices on eBay
may only be correct for eBay.  Other places the same gear may be worth a
bit more or less.

The other thing to do is to hit the ham classifieds and see what folks
are asking for their gear.  That can be hit or miss since the stuff you
want to sell may not have been listed or may not have actually sold.

One benefit of eBay is the auction style lets the gear rise to its value
without you having to know what it is.  The buyers determine what it is
worth.

- Keith N1AS -
- K2 5411.ssb.100 -
- K3 Wave 3 -