Alan D. Wilcox wrote:

> Hello,
> HRD runs fine remotely over my LAN. The host (server) PC is connected
> (via COM1) to the K3.
> But ...
> Minor detail escapes me: the K3 audio isn't getting to me at the remote
> PC.
>
> Audio output from the K3 goes into the host PC sound card, then comes
> out to a couple speakers local to the K3. I would assume that the HRD
> remote server would pickup that audio and ship it out over the LAN to be
> streamed to my remote PC along with the HRD display. Seeing the radio
> remotely is nice I suppose, but not much good if I can't hear it!
>
> I'm not too familiar with HRD yet, so I'm sure this is a simple option
> or setting I'm missing. Didn't see anything in the help file.
>
> Thanks for insight,
> Alan
>
>From the HRD server docs: "The remote server does not support audio. For
audio (or VOIP) the following options are available: SKYPE – www.skype.com,
MSN Messenger, Audio streaming – for example the Helix Server – Basic from
RealNetworks Inc. – www.realnetworks.com ."

There's another option that I tried once because it even supports audio to a
PocketPC client: Microsoft Portrait.
http://research.microsoft.com/mcom/portrait/ .

Also if you download the trial version of the LakeOfSoft VC components for
Delphi, there are precompiled demo programs that can be used to stream audio
between two computers. Perhaps someone should buy Simon a copy so he can
incorporate this into HRD itself. :)

-----
Julian, G4ILO K2 s/n: 392  K3 s/n: ???
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com