Glenn

You turn off the unused filters, don't forget to set the offset for the 2K7 and 200 Hz filters (zero for 8 pole units). Assign the 2K7 for TX.

I used my own GPS derived frequency standard to set my K3 (very easy as it outputs 10 MHz and harmonics). Any of the 40m broadcast stations would be fine, they are going to be within 1 or 2 Hz.

73 Dave, G4AON
K3/100 #80
-------------

I just finished building my K3 and I'm now ready to start the Test and
Calibration Phase (starting at page 57 in the assembly manual). At this time
I have 2 questions.

1) I have installed a 2k7 filter in FL3 and a 200Hz filter in FL5. The other slots are empty. I assume I have to set the filter width of the unused slots
to 0 with 0 offset and assign FL3 to transmitting duties in the TX FL menu?

2) The Reference Oscillator Calibration section says to zerobeat a strong
local AM broadcast signal. What have the EU K3 builders used as a reference?

Thanks very much for taking the time to answer

73
Glenn ON4WIX