N3HE:

>The conditions are as follows:

>DX at noise (you know, he's there, copiable at least part of the time, but
any attenuation and he's not there) listening up 1.  Pileup:  REALLYBIGSIG1
up 1 and REALLYBIGSIG2 up 2.  Result: artifacts all over the passband,
again, you know, those bleeps, burbles, and stuff.

>Anybody tested the K3 in battle yet?

        When TO5FJ first showed on 160 I decided to try to
find some IMD using the K3.  The pileup was S9+40 covering
~2 kHz so I tuned carefully from below one side to above the
other side looking specifically for IMD products.  I never
heard a thing, using a 12 dB external preamp with the K3's
internal preamp off.

        Your search is over...and you'll like the remarkably
clean audio...doesn't even sound like other DSP rigs (ex-MP
and Orion user here).

                                73,  Bill  W4ZV

P.S.  TO5FJ was #325 on 160m here...now QRX for VP6DX who
will be using all K3s.