This worked for me too.  An added tip is one I got from Wayne when
experiencing RF feedback on PSK31:  Seat the two KIO3 rear panel
connector boards (3.5mm fems, and also the RCA / 1/4" phono) so that
there is a slight amount of interference with the screw-on panel. This
allows the grounds for the jacks to make best contact with the 3.5mm
plugs.  It takes a little jiggling to get the fit to come out just
right, but you need the jack bodies (sleeve is ground) to jut out just
a little bit to get proper contact.

matt, W6NIA