Hello all,

I tried to purchase a K3 last year, but it wasn't going to happen until?
I then purchased an Icom 703+. This little beauty is just fantastic!
I've been playing with it for about a month now and I really like it.

Here's what I don't like:
1.menus (I'm use to them by now)
2.Can't easily connect a paddle with a computer.(change menu on fly)
3.only one antenna connector

Here's what I like:
1.Price: $699
2.size
3.construction is very nice (solid)
4.auto tuner (best I've used to date)
5.internal keyer works great

Overall I really like my 703+, but it's no K3. But, I also bought it off
the self-hi! I plan to use this rig portable not backpacking as it's to
much for that. My KX1 will always go with me on the trail. I sold my K1
and K2 anticipating a purchase of a K3. For now, this won't probably
happen for another year now. I'll wait until the K3 can be purchased off
the self - maybe two years?

So if anyone needs a portable rig, I would recommend the Icom 703 Plus.

p.s. Just worked Hawaii from Pennsylvania with the 703+ on 20m CW 5W!
     703+ receiver sensitivity is just great!

72,
Ed, WA3WSJ
(waiting for my K3)