Curt,

All options use the Auxbus - your KSB2, the KPA100 and even the KIOC chip inside the K2 use th eAUXBUS. If the K2 is working normally when the KAT100 is attached, then the AUXBUS signal is working.

What is the problem with the KAT100? If it is not recognized in the K2 menu, then the KAT100 firmware chip is not communicating with the K2 (yes, it uses the AUXBUS for that). Be certain all pins of the KAT100 firmware chip socket are soldered (did you miss soldering pin 1? - that often happens). Connect the cable to the KAT100 (turn power off) and check continuity from KAT100 U1 pin 40 to K2 Control Board P4 pin 2 - somewhere near 470 ohms is expected.

If all the above is correct, the KAT100 firmware should be communicating with the K2.

73,
Don W3FPR

Curt Milton wrote:
I am still troubleshooting my KAT100, and now I am
wondering if the problem might be the aux bus.
When the 9-pin connector is attached to the K2, and
the KAT100 is disconnected - should there be 5-6 volts
DC on pin 6 ?  I see voltages on pin 8 and 9, but
nothing on pin 6.  (And yes i verified the cable is ok
on pin 6).
I had previously checked the DC path from pin 6 back
to the IOC in the K2 - but I hadn't probed this any
further.
I suspect there are no other users of the Aux Bus
except an ATU (my K2 has only ssb, 160m and kpa100
installed). Info appreciated.