<Sorry about accidentally hitting "Send" there while I was typing>

To expand on what Ron said, what's important with crimping Anderson
connectors is to use a tool that doesn't just crush them. Many of the
inexpensive crimpers just flatten the connector. You need one that has
a semicircular recess on one side and a "finger" on the other side that
pushes a dent into the back side of the connector while leaving it in
an overall round shape. If you distort the overall shape the connector
will not go into the shell. http://www.dcpwr.com/ has a good crimper,
and if, like me, you use PowerPoles all over the place it's good to
have one. You can solder after crimping if you like. I never solder
them without first crimping them.

73, Carl WS7L