So I was recently reading about the IC756ProIII and noticed that it said its
tuner was rated for 3:1?  Does that really mean that you have to have a 3:1
or better SWR or it can't tune it?  I'm assuming that my antenna which is
resonant for 40,20,15, and 10 would not be able to be tuned up on 80 with a
IC-756ProIII?  My Kenwood seems to have no problem and heck my K1 will tune
it up on 30.  I'm hoping that the K3 is speced to be able to go to a much
worse match than 3:1 right?

I'm sure people have tried and tested this heavily...  Someone please
confirm.  I'd be interested to hear confirmation on the IC-756ProIII too...
Is it really only for fine tuning already resonant antennas?