Earlier today, I wrote:

> ..."I would strongly recommend using slightly different centered bands of 50,
> 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 2400, 3200 Hz..." and....

> "...Also note that unlike the current K3 band centers, when beginning with 50
> Hz, each successive band increases in exactly one-octave increments..."

I should correct myself in that the 2400 Hz center is a half-octave between the
stated upper and lower value.  The remaining values are full-octave steps.  The
half-octave step of 2400 Hz affords some control in a critical listening area.

Some folks have replied privately that what should be a 1600 Hz center on the
K3's latest firmware is actually 1200 Hz...perhaps a legacy value left over
(either missed or perhaps it was deliberate?) from the prior change.  Whether
it's 1200 or 1600 Hz is really immaterial.   The important consideration is
that they made the right move with the other frequencies and it appears they
have.  Nice work guys!

Paul, W9AC (K3 on order)