Hi Steve:

I'm a 99% CW operator who generally ducks contests to play on the WARC ands
while the "radiosporters" do their thing.

I've managed perhaps a dozen QSOs on my K3 in between tearing it to bits as
needed to work on the assembly manuals.

In that short time I've found the K3 a rag-chewer's - casual operator's
dream in too many ways to describe in one e-mail. But start with a very
short "learning curve" to understand the basic operations, nice, easy to use
front panel controls, its outstanding technical specifications and great
flexibility. And, of course, it has caused me to do a lot more SWL-ing,
across the short waves and on the BC band too, with its general coverage
capability. It's nice to punch in a station's frequency using the direct
entry and have the station come up tuned in perfectly, even for listening to
music in SSB mode!

The K3 is likely to drag me back into more "phone" operation after several
decades of CW, not to mention playing around with digital modes more since
it's set up to do multi-mode operating with a minimum of fuss and bother
(don't even need a computer connected to it!).

As the K3 order backlog gets caught up, I'm looking forward to spending a
lot more time just roaming the bands than I have done in a long time.

Ron AC7AC