I now have firmware V. 1.66 loaded in my K3. I notice that it still only provides a sidetone volume from 0 to 40, whereas it initially would go higher (up to 60), both numerically and in actuality. I commented on this some time back, after the firmware was changed and the attainable volume was lowered. I know many feel that it is sufficient as currently provided. When I use headphones, the currently offered range is probably sufficient. Using the internal speaker though, I have to run it up near the top. However, I preferred the range as previously provided, particularly when you are driving a larger external speaker. I've tried several larger external speakers, and on most of them the sidetone is pretty anemic as currently provided. I know several others who feel as I do. Is this ever going to be returned to the original range? Why was it changed? Was it creating some other problem as originally configured? If not, I think it should be returned to the original attainable level. If you don't need that much, you don't have to use it. But some folks do prefer the higher level option. I'd sure like to see it get "on the list" for updating.

Dave W7AQK