That is correct.

With VOX off, you have to assert some source of PTT (footswitch, XMIT
button..etc).

-------------------------
73,
Greg - AB7R
Whidbey Island WA
NA-065
K3#0009

On Thu Feb 14 10:31 , "Joe"  sent:

>K3/KPA #241 is operational. When transmitting cw, if VOX is active it works,
>if
VOX and QSK are active it works, but if QSK is active without VOX it keys but
no
indication of power out. The Op Manual seems to say VOX must be on, but I
thought
with qsk VOX would not be necessary (semantics?). If someone can confirm this
to be
the case, I would appreciate it.