Actually I gave some thought to this project this morning, specifically allowing many programs simultaneous and transparent access to a K3 where the programs talk K3 CAT.

My conclusion is that it's easy, the hard part having been written already by Phil N8VB, specifically his virtual serial cables. I have all the code I need for this, once running programs such as DXLab, the CW Skimmer program etc. would just connect to a virtual serial port such as COM22. I see no show-stoppers, performance would be / could be excellent.

It is very tempting to write this, maybe after the SSTV / HamDRM and WSJT code is sorted out in one of my projects. I see that it would be of great benefit to the K3 community, especially the users who are able to run two or more programs at once. Of course I'm talking about a Windows MFC C++ solution.

Simon Brown, HB9DRV

From: "Dr. Werner Furlan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I have read something about a software project that should allow several
programs connect to a server and thus remote control different rigs. If I
remember right, the project worked in a way that the commands to the
server were in a unique language, and the server passed on the transceiver
specific code. (something like ADIF in log programs if such a comparison is
allowed)