I'm glad I stirred the pot just a little because I forgot about that extra
mysterious felt washer that was left over from the kit build.  For the heck
of it, I installed the second washer and YES!  The damping is much smoother
now.  So, free spinners might prefer one felt washer, but dampers might want
to try the second washer if they're not happy with the "drag" results with
one washer.

Whoopee!

73,
Barry N1EU