Hi Toby,

The 120db dynamic range is possible with both signals in the passband IF everything which follows the hybrid crystal filter is very robust and its noise figure is low, a low noise figure to keep the gain ahead of the filter as low as possible of course.

My QT crystals are to be delivered soon :-)

73,
Geoff
GM4ESD

Toby  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

This is a quote from the conclusion:

It turns out to be quite possible to construct a frontend with a dynamic range in excess of 120dB in SSB bandwidth on 40M. The best news maybe is that it is possible with components that are readily available today. No impossible to get specialized surplus parts are needed. Everything is still off-the-shelf, also the special QT crystals used in the roofing filter. However good quality polystyrene capacitors may become more and more a problem as many manufacturers have stopped production of those capacitors as far as I know years ago. Most certainly alternative good RF grade caps will remain available, although probably a bit expensive.

<http://www.xs4all.nl/~martein/pa3ake/hmode/conclusion.html>

vy 73 de toby