There is something else that burns up in those Yaesu analog
rotators besides the lamps.    If you leave your rotator turned  on all the
time,
you wont get much life out of either the lamps or the servo  motors.

What I do is leave the rotator turned off unless its actually
being used to rotate the ant.   Which is easy to do since  the
on/off switch sits right next to the position buttons.

I've never had to service the control box on the two Yaesu rotators
in operation here.   But if you leave it turned on you certainly  will.
Someday Yaesu might update their old line of analog rotators to the  digital
world.  Otherwise --  they are excellent rotators and a true  value.

Frank W7is

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)