On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 15:45:58 EST, you wrote:

>There is something else that burns up in those Yaesu analog
>rotators besides the lamps.    If you leave your rotator turned  on all the
>time,
>you wont get much life out of either the lamps or the servo  motors.
>
>What I do is leave the rotator turned off unless its actually
>being used to rotate the ant.   Which is easy to do since  the
>on/off switch sits right next to the position buttons.
>
>I've never had to service the control box on the two Yaesu rotators
>in operation here.   But if you leave it turned on you certainly  will.
>Someday Yaesu might update their old line of analog rotators to the  digital
>world.  Otherwise --  they are excellent rotators and a true  value.
>
>Frank W7is

[snip]

Never had a failure from my G-2800DXA which has been on for ten years.  However,
it could happen next week ;)

Tom, N5GE - SWOT 3537 - Grid EM12jq

"They that can give up essential liberty
to obtain a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."

--Benjamin Franklin 1775

Support the entire Constitution, not