Kevin makes a good point...it can be tough to slow down with paddles.  I am NO
expert on the topic but am finally getting up to 20wpm copy and sending.
However, I would like to slow down and work other people coming along.  That
was me just a short time ago.

Is it easier to go slow on a straight key or does that hurt your rhythm?  I
assume you want to develop a smooth rhythm with a straight key like you do with
paddes.  The reason I am asking is I have a Navy Flameproof key here that I
want to learn to use.  Is slow QSO's the best way to do that? Maybe I can learn
to use the straight key and help others at the same time.

73 de Keith KB3ILS