Kristina,

Are you reading too fast and overlooking a whole sentence in the manual?
The 'point B' is only a visual reference. You should actually measure at pin 1 of U4.

73,
Don W3FPR

Kristina Wright wrote:
Ok, I wiggled some wires and now when I press TUNE it goes to the ATU. But I still have the problem of only about 0.02 V at TP B. I've checked both boards (a whole bunch of times) for shorts or unsoldered pins and haven't found any. Any ideas of where to look next?

73,
Kristina  KE7LUC

Kristina Wright wrote:
I'm putting together my KAT2 and having trouble with the Bridge Null
Adjustment (pg 16). When I first went through it, it worked fine until
step four on page 17, where I got well under the specified 3 or 4
volts. So I pulled it apart, checked everything, and reflowed T1. Now
I'm trying to adjust C55 again, but I can't seem to get it to go to
the ATU when I press TUNE. It flashes ATU briefly, then says Hi Cur,
then goes to P 4.3 or so.
Any suggestions?

Tom Hammond wrote:
1) RE-check your soldering... especially for possibly shorted connections
  (which do sometimes occur as a result of reflowing previously soldered
  joints).

2) Ensure that you have the KAT2 re-plugged correctly and that ALL pins of
  the connectors are properly plugged in.

3) Ensure that the 10-pin cable plug is properly plugged into the connector
  on the CTRL PCB.

Can't be much wrong, but sometimes it doesn't take 'much' to make things
LOOK a lot worse that they really are.

Kevin Cozens wrote:
Some simple things to check are that you have a proper 50-ohm termination on the antenna 1 connection of the KAT2. Check that you haven't accidentally selected antenna 2 while the dummy load is on antenna 1. You can work around the high current warning by reducing power to about 1 watt or so until you get the adjustment close to where it needs to be.