> Many companies use pending price increases as a marketing scheme to
> push potential buyers into buying.  I'm glad Elecraft does not play
> that game with us.

Giving notice that prices are going up is a marketing scheme ONLY if
prices DON'T go up.  If they do, then what the vendor is giving the
customers is a very valuable service because, as you say ...
"I for one would rather make my own decisions, based on what I can or
cannot afford".  To make decisions, one needs information.

> Elecraft (or any other business) has no contract or obligation to
notify
> consumers of their decision to raise the price of their products.

Absolutely right.  They are under no obligation.  Unfortunately, they've
also missed an opportunity to Delight the Customer.

And to those who say it isn't possible to give price increase notices, I
can give you a link to another specialty-hobby-item vendor who does
EXACTLY that.  When new items (from Europe, BTW) are coming in and the
prices are higher, this vendor (another small Elecraft-type
organization) will put a notice on their forum to tell folks that once
current stock is gone, prices are going up.

Yes, it CAN be done.

So I'm down to 3 choices.

1.  Continue to sit-tight and wait until my wallet fills enough to
afford the ever-increasing 100 watt PA.

2.  Order the PA now and be insulated against any further increases.

3.  Cut my losses completely and just cancel my K3 order figuring the
overall package has just climbed out of reach.

*Sigh* damage control is such fun.  Enough of this.  I have some
thinking to do.

- Keith N1AS -
- K2 5411.ssb.100 -
- K3 Wave 3 -