Ian G0VGS wrote:

> I feel the AGC could be better on the K3.  I notice as band conditions
> change and a station comes up (especially at or over s9+20) I have to
> dash for the volume control.  Has anyone else noticed this?  I have mine
> set on slow but I feel it could be better.

Ian, try this experiment.  Change your AGC Slope to 15.  Set RF Gain to
maximum with preamp on.  Tune in a very strong signal and adjust AF Gain to
your maximum comfortable listening level.  From now on, don't touch your AF
Gain and just vary RF Gain and preamp depending on band noise and signal
levels.

With Heil Proset headphones, my AF Gain stays at 9 o'clock (1/4 way up) and
my RF Gain varies from 50-100%.  Most of the time, my AGC Slope stays at 15.

73,
Barry N1EU