People talk about the extra current drain.  How much
is it?  I don't have my K3 yet to make any tests and I
seldom run QRP (only when the other station wants 2
way QRP), but it would be of interest to us all if
anyone had measured the current draw of the K3 at
receive with and without the KPA3, transmit at 5 watts
without the KPA3 installed and transmit at 5 watts
with the KPA3 installed. I am sure that Elecraft has
the information, but I don' recall seeing it
published.  My guess is that the KPA3 does not require
much if any current when it is switched out.  Anybody
do any tests to know for sure?

Willis 'Cookie' Cooke
K5EWJ