post from the past  ref K3 current draw.
--------------------
Fri, 22 Feb 2008 21:53:25 -0600
From:   "Kenneth A. Christiansen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  Add
Mobile Alert
To:     elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject:        [Elecraft] K3 NR 457 now working in Fargo ND

I got a pleasant surprise yesterday when K3 457
arrived. It was ordered

June 13 and I got my Lisa Gram last week end.
It has KAT3, KBPF3, KXV3, 500 hz filter, 2700 hz
filter, 6000 hz filter

and the FM filter on back order.

I made a special test on it because I wanted to know
how the KPA3
changes the current draw.  I know others have asked
the same question here and never did get an answer so
here it is. .

The current tests before I put in the KPA3.
Receive 0.94 to 1.1 A
TX (NO POWER) 1.56 A
TX 5W 2.56 A
TX 10W 3.07 A
TX 12W 3.23 A

The same test after the KPA3 was installed, Set up and
working fine.
Receive 0.94 to 1.1 A
TX (NO POWER 2.16 A
TX 5W 3.10 A
TX 10W 3.62 A
TX 12W 3.78 A

All the above testes were done with a digital meter on
the 10 amp
 scale.
I would say the KPA3 adds a constant 0.6 Amp for any
given power level
below 12.1 Watts.

I started the inventory last night about 6:00 PM and
finished it
 tonight
about 8 PM. I had a fire run, slept, went to a meeting
etc.
so my build time must have been about the magic 10
hours.
I sure do like the receiver but have just scratched
the surface of what

it can do.
It was worth the wait.
73