You are welcome to do both - as long as you don't compromise the contact fit inside the housing.

As to whether its worst or even advisable to do both...
I've had people tell me that soldering hardens the point where the wire joins the contact and effectively weakens it, because strands can break at that point.

I have to say, I would have thought defence contractors would solder as well as crimp, if that was considered worthwhile.

FWIW - I havn't soldered any of my crimped APPs.

--
Study without desire spoils the memory, and it retains nothing that it takes in. -- Leonardo da Vinci